Imago – Geological Image Capture and Management
Imago is a cloud based image capture and management tool that can help you unlock the value of your core tray, chip tray and chip pile images.
- Improve your image capture process with Imago Capture.
- Single click to capture image, label with Hole ID and depths.
- Save to PC with live sync to Imago Cloud or sync when online. Auto copy to internal drive.
- Crop Core and Chip tray images to downhole depth registered images in a single step.
- Easy access to images via Imago Web from any location.
- Integration with popular geology and mine planning tools. Click drillhole trace to open corresponding image.
- Try Imago’s new mobile capture station for chip piles when air (RAB or RC drilling).
Most exploration and mining companies invest significant effort in capturing and storing images of their drilling images. Most geologists feel that accessing those images is time consuming and inefficient. There is significant value to be gained from easy, rapid access to geology images for every stage of the drilling, interpretation and modelling process.
Imago is centred around the capture, management and viewing of high quality core and chip images, greatly improving:
- Quality of geological logging and re-logging.
- Quality of geological Interpretation and modelling.
- Supervision and real time review of site-based drilling chip and core logging.
- Monitoring and review of active drilling programs.
- Collaborative review of geology.
- Structure observation and measurement.
While the storage and access to core and chip images is the primary source of the value, Imago also provides advice to customers to help in achieving:
- More efficient image capture.
- Higher quality images.
- Improved consistency of image colour and resolution.
Advice can be provided on cameras, capture stations and image capture process.
Imago is collaborating with industry and investing in Machine Learning techniques focused on helping customers gain insights directly from your library of drilling sample and core images.
By aiding customers in achieving higher image quality and consistency, Imago helps position your business to apply more advance machine learning techniques as they become available.
Imago customers are trialing new techniques for image capture to achieve high resolution, consistent lighting and an efficient process for chip pile image capture.
The Imago mobile app (Android) organizes images by location and hole ID. Intervals automatically increment, making for an efficient capture process. Images may be captured offline, then synced to Imago Web when a connection is available, after which they are available to view in high resolution via a web browser.
The following image capture station is available from Imago to help customers to aid in capturing quality chip pile images with consistent lighting. (Ask Imago about a free trial of the mobile image capture station).
Chip Trays are easy to move and position for image capture. Imago has refined a procedure where Chip Trays slide through several positions on a slide jig, capturing each tray in 15-30 seconds.
Images can be split into individual samples simultaneously with image capture. Without extra effort, images are registered with downhole depths, and available to view from head office alongside other holes as soon as synced to Imago Web.
Example of a capture station for chip trays.
Example of zooming in on good quality images.
Many projects invest significant effort into capturing images of core trays. Core sheds are often available providing a consistent light and protected image capture environment. However, equipment is also available that achieves good results in an outdoor capture setting.
Imago has worked with many customers to help improve image quality and consistency, especially in how to avoid the glare that may result from wet core photography.
With Imago, the user sets up a template for clipping the core trays into downhole images, registering each core section to its depth interval automatically when the image is captured.
The key benefits for core tray photography are:
- A more efficient capture process.
- Higher quality images with more consistent lighting.
- Tray images are clipped automatically and registered down hole.
- Images are easily viewed from head office:
- Monitor active drilling programs.
- Check and validate logging from head office.
- Better collaboration by geologists in different locations, with easy access to images.
- Instant access to images during geology interpretation and modelling.
Integrated with most mining planning and GIS systems used by Geologists.
Below image shows a view of the library of images for selected drill holes.
Below image shows down hole images with two holes. Images are automatically clipped and registered to depth during the image capture process.
Try Imago with your own project images
New customers are offered a 30 day free trial where we upload example images from your project.
Contact Mining Patch Associates for more information on Imago.